Crafters and friends

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Art and Thanksgiving

Today is Tuesday, that means there is only another day till we start cooking. I love to cook Thanksgiving dinner. It's so good and looks so nice, the only problem is that people eat in 20 minutes and the end result is a mess. And you have to clean it up....ok I guess it's worth it.



I was posting my item of the day today, I will show you that, it's the first wire wrapped ring i've made. It was fun. It's a simple thing to do after a big project. I have found that I need small things to do after a larger, time consumming project. There is almost a letdown after i've finished, not a letdown but a feeling of, Oh no, what do I do next? So I let my mind wander on the small stuff. So here it is:








So, anyway, when I was posting, someone else put up a painting as thier item of the day. Ya know when you see something and it just kicks you in the butt? Well, this painting did this. I don't know why but I don't think i'm supposed to know why. It's just one of those things.

Rosie Rowe is an absolutely brilliant artist. She doesn't only put things on canvas, she does altered bottle caps, which are really neat. She paints on wood, she makes journals....
http://www.artfire.com/users/Rosie_Rowe

Just go take a peek..you will want to after i show you these....


That wonderful painting and one of her handmade journals.

1 comment:

Rosie Rowe said...

Steph, thanks so much!! I really appreciate this! xo