Crafters and friends

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Year Comin!!!

What a year it's been. Some rough, some good but we made it through. I have high hopes for the coming year. This one has been such a roller coaster. I finished my tax season in April and though I would really concentrate on building my business. I think it's more of a hobby at this point, but again, high hopes!! I think I have too many ideas and not enough time. I have to pick one and stick with it, but when I try to do that I get sidetracked. I will be working on only jewelry and someone will want glass or windchimes. Then I get carried away with that. I want to do it all...

Well, we got the call in late June that my Mom was not well and I really needed to go home. So off I went. We lost her July 10th at 9pm. I was so sad for so long, I kinda still am. I used to call her for recipes that I knew she had in her head that I could never remember. I didn't have to cuz she was always there.

It took me a while to get back on track. Job hunting, jewelry making, bamboo harvesting....
Searching the web one day I came across the Hive. What a wonderful place, I have 'met' wonderful people with so much talent and humor and warmth. You have to love the artist. We have fun and get educated and just keep in touch every day.

So we come to the end of the year, with all it's trials and tribulations. I am working on my list. I have to have a list. I have to make myself sit down and decide what direction I want my 'business' to go. I have a great prospect on a job. Two interviews and I should get the call tomorrow.

So I am wishing everyone a happy and safe and prosperous new year.

No comments: