Crafters and friends

Monday, August 31, 2009

First Post


Hi there, my name is Stephanie. I am posting for the first time. My goals for this blog is to help others get started in stained glass, jewelery etc. I started in stained glass only about six months ago. I have been making jewelery for about twelve years. Mostly beaded jewelery, but getting more into metal (copper, silver, brass).

I am learning to do chainmail right now. I think this stuff looks really neat but it can be very heavy. I try to use aluminum for very large pieces. This is one of the first ones I did. It is a Byzantine weave with copper jump rings and 6mm blue glass pearls. The clasp did not come out that well so I have a little to learn about metalsmithing...
I make my own jump rings, this takes a little extra time but is less expensive in the end. And you get a little more satisfaction out of your work. I am posting a link for a website where you can learn chainmail. They also have a great photo gallery, these people are VERY talented. http://www.cgmaille.com They have tutorials available from beginning to advanced..check it out.

No comments: