Crafters and friends

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mirror Mirror




So I had these mirrors that I had no clue what to do with. I know I bought them for a specific reason, although that reason escapes me....




Here's what I did, and learned a couple things along the way...




First, it's fun to do things without a pattern, which is one of the reasons I like to do jewelry so much. But with glass you have to have a pattern, and sort of like the IRS and the DMV, they have to be in duplicates. I don't mind the pattern, it's a wonderful tool. Every now and then I just have to see what happens when I let the creative juices flow in a every which way form...it's not alwys good....haha. But it turned out good this time.




Second, when you are using glass gems you HAVE to grind the edges or the copper foil will not stick properly. And, yes, I should have known this but I guess I just wanted to give myself a hard time that day..
We all have days like that....right?

No comments: